Sunday, January 19, 2014. Today marks my first one week challenge. Inspired by Journaling Through Depression‘s post 10×10 Challenge. I have given myself small tasks that I need to complete each day in order to get myself going in the right direction. I’ve been stuck in a rut. So this is me, helping myself climb out… even if the climbing is slow at first.
Here are my goals for each day:
1. Be active/ do something physical/ exercise for 20-30 minutes.
2. Drink no more than 4 cups of coffee and tea combined.
3. Drink 4 cups or more of water a day.
4. Cook something healthy with/ for dinner.
5. Play with the cat for 15 minutes.
6. Read for 30 minutes (or more).
7. Do something fun or relaxing. (Other than reading.)
Maybe my list seems easy to you. Well that’s good. But for me it’s a start. I literally never do anything physically exhausting. I go to work twice a day and in between and after shifts I just get lazy and don’t want to do anything. I get overly stressed out and I don’t know how to handle it so I just get lethargic and sleepy and become miserable the whole time. Then I get all these body aches and head aches and it just sucks. I decided to add the last 3 options as ways to release stress. Playing with my cat is always a laugh and I love reading. So hopefully this will help me, and I’m looking forward to more challenging challenges in the future.
Next week my goals will change. I’ll add to them depending on what I feel I’m lacking or can/ cannot handle. But I set my limits moderately low so that way I have no excuse not to meet them.
Here are the goals I completed today:
1. I did some squat thrusts and arm exercises in the living room today.
2. I only drank one cup of tea so far but I’m going to make 1 cup now so that’s 2.
3. I had 1 glass of water earlier, a bottle of water at dinner, and I have no doubt I will drink 2 more. I always get thirsty around bedtime. (I’ll let you know if I don’t make 4.)
4. Unfortunately I went to dinner at my dad’s. He made Chicken Alfredo with pasta, not the healthiest. And also I had a brownie.
5. Play with the cat for 15 minutes. She likes the laser.
6. Read for 30 minutes! I actually read for 45.
7. I have not done anything fun or relaxing yet. I guess you could count the 15 minutes I sat in the shower, yes sat, and let the water run over me really hot, and “meditated.” Also I’m planning on watching a movie after I make my tea.
I also ran around the house in a jog yesterday for about 10 minutes and did some jumping jacks and stretched out. Figured I better give my body a jolt to let it know a storm is coming.
Anyways, I’m feeling a little underwhelmed. I wish I could go crazy for 2 weeks and miraculously lose 30 pounds but I know that’s not how it works. It will be nice to see progress (hopefully) in a few months.